Saturday, March 1, 2014

week 4

Hi everyone!!

SO, the coming week is officially Fashion Week in Paris, France! Next week, there will be the famous fashion shows where the models walk down the runway with their straight faces, you know those scenes from the movies. In each show, all the major designers like Chanel will be showing off their designs or "looks" for the coming Autumn/Winter, so that magazines like Elle and Self Service can order the looks they like and put them in their magazines before the new clothing hits the stores in a few months. This is when stylist like my advisor are hired: they help organize the outfits that will be displayed; they're in charge of getting any extra accessories, props for the location, etc the magazine wants. Overall, stylists like my advisor have to be one step in front of everyone at all times. So for few months, stylists have a ton of work to do. Just hearing all of this is exhausting!

The newest development for my project is finding my inspiration for my final outfits I will be (hopefully) bringing back with me when I return to Tucson. I've decided to base my designs on the architecture of Paris buildings! That means I'll be taking the characteristics of some buildings I find unique to Paris and incorporating them into assembling my outfits. Cool, right?
So now, I'm spending my time trying to pick up to eight different locations (that means eight looks if I have enough time) from which I can start assembling my mood board. A mood board is one place (doesn't have to be a board) where a stylist puts everything she/he finds inspiring, etc so she/he can start actually designing. So I have a lot of work coming up, but's going to be off the hook!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment